About The Department
Department of B.TECH. Petroleum Engineering was established in the year 2017. It offers B.TECH. Petroleum Engineering under Anna University, Chennai and affiliated to AICTE. The B. TECH. Petroleum Engineering programme was started in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Exhibit a professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork , multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to solve the problems encountered in petroleum sector.
- Gain knowledge in basic sciences, mathematics, reservoir engineering and onshore & offshore petroleum engineering.
- Have a knowledge and competency in Petrochemical Engineering complemented by the appropriate skills and attributes.
- Understand the theory and applications of analytical equipment used in industries for testing the quality of petroleum and its products.
- Address to meet the world's ever-increasing demand for hydrocarbon fuel, and waste management.
Graduates of B. Tech. Petroleum Engineering will
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their knowledge professionally and shoulder ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will able be to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems related to petroleum industry.
- Graduates will be capable to design experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will be able to meet the world's ever-increasing demand for hydrocarbon fuel, reservoir engineering and waste management.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively and work in interdisciplinary groups.
- Graduates will have knowledge to analyze petroleum products.
- Graduates will understand the characteristics of source and reservoir engineering.
- Graduates will become familiar with environmentally sound exploration, evaluation and recovery of oil, gas and other fluids in the earth.
- Graduates will Understand the pre requisites of onshore & offshore reservoir engineering.
On successful completion of the programme,