About The Department
Department of food technology was established in the year 2017. it offers b.tech food technology under anna university, chennai and affiliated to aicte. the b.tech food technology programme was started in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students/batch.
The department of food technology is one of the growing departments in the college. the department has highly qualified and experienced faculty and the department is engaged in teaching and research in the areas of food technology. the laboratories are well equipped and run round the clock. this course is a technological degree focusing not only on the technological, computational and the mathematical aspects of the field, but also industrial process involved. it is a bridge between food science, health aspects and engineering.
The department is also intended to provide technical support to farmers and entrepreneurs to establish small scale industries. food science and technology is a multidisciplinary course which includes subjects on processing, preservation, chemistry, quality, safety and marketing aspects of food and food products.
- To Be An Excellent Department Known For Its Quality Education, Research To Produce Graduates Who Address Major Societal Issues And Solve Technical Challenges Faced By Food Technology.
- To Contribute High-Quality Education And Training To Individuals Preparing For Careers In Food Science And Technology In The Food Industry, Academia, Or Government.
- Innovating Together To Improve Health Through Food And Nutrition.
- To Conduct Basic And Applied Research In Food Science And Technology For The Ultimate Benefit Of The Food Industry And Consumers Through Subjects.
- To Provide Assistance To The Food Industry Through Extension Programs Of The Department.
- To Instill Students With A Strong Fundamental Knowledge And Develop Necessary Skills To Meet The Needs Of A Rapidly Changing Food Industries In Terms Of Nutrition, Safety And Functionality.
- To Develop Adoptable Technologist With Entrepreneurship And Leadership Qualities To Solve Scientific Challenges Keeping In Mind The Safety And Ethical Concerns.
- To Enhance Food Safety And Quality Through Fundamental And Applied Research; Prepare Graduates For Careers In The Global Food Industry Or Health Profession.
- To Deliver Effective Outreach Education To Students, So As To Enable Them To Address The Needs Of Food Technology Profession In Particular And Society In General.
Program Educational Objectives (Peos)
- The Student Will Be Able To Pursue Higher Education In India/Abroad In Food Technology And Its Related Fields By Taking Up Competitive Exams Like Gate, Csir, Tancet Etc.
- The Student Will Be Able To Come Up With Solutions For Any Scientific Or Technical Problems Related To Food Technological Industries/Institutes.
- The Student Will Be Able To Plan And Conduct Experiments In Modern Food Technology And Allied Field Laboratories Including Interpreting The Significance Of Resulting Data, Reporting Results And Writing Technical Reports.
- The Student Will Be Able To Get Familiarized With Professional And Economical Issues In Food Technology And Foster Important Job Related Skills Such As Communications And Experience In Working As A Team That Will Help Them To Become Good Entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes (Psos)
- Higher Education Preparedness: Demonstrate An Ability To Appear For National Level Examination To Pursue Higher Studies. Demonstrate Practical And Theoretical Knowledge Essential For Pursuing Higher Studies.
- Food Tech Industry Oriented Preparedness: Demonstrate An Ability To Identify Careers In Food Technology Department Like Food Processing, Dairy Industry, Food Safety, Quality Control And Quality Executive, Etc, And Skills Required To Work In A Food Tech Laboratory Or Manufacturing Unit (R&D).
we had organized a guest lecture on the topic recent advancements in food technology by
Five Of Our Food Technology Students Participated In A 10 Days Training Programme In Sridhar Bhat Laboratory(SBL) At Bangalore On The Project Title DNA Technology And PCR.
We Have Organized An Industrial Visits Inorder To Create An Awareness Among The Students To Vedha Diary And Chakra Diary On Aug-01-2018 And Sep-19-2018.