About The Department
Department of BIOTECHNOLOGY was established in the year 2017. It offers B.Tech Biotechnology under Anna University, Chennai and affiliated to AICTE. The B.Tech Biotechnology programme was started in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students.
- Innovation and Enhancement.
- To nurture world-class biotechnologists with a potential to innovate, invent and disseminate world class knowledge for the benefit and betterment of the society and the environment.
- To impart highly innovative and practical knowledge in the field of biotechnology to the urban and rural students through “total quality education".
- The mission of the department is to create opportunities for multi-disciplinary education, training and research in biotechnology.
Program Educational Objectives (Peos)
- The Student Will Be Able To Pursue Higher Education In India/abroad In Biotechnology And Its Related Fields By Taking Up Competitive Exams Like Gate, Csir, Tancet Etc.
- The Student Will Be Able To Come Up With Solutions For Any Scientific Or Technical Problems Related To Biotechnological Industries/institutes.
- The Student Will Be Able To Plan And Conduct Experiments In Modern Biotechnology And Allied Field Laboratories Including Interpreting The Significance Of Resulting Data, Reporting Results And Writing Technical Reports.
- The Student Will Be Able To Get Familiarized With Professional And Economical Issues In Biotechnology And Foster Important Job Related Skills Such As Communications And Experience In Working As A Team That Will Help Them To Become Good Entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes (Psos)
- Higher Education Preparedness: Demonstrate An Ability To Appear For National Level Examination To Pursue Higher Studies. Demonstrate Practical And Theoretical Knowledge Essential For Pursuing Higher Studies.
- Biotechnology Industry Oriented Preparedness: Demonstrate An Ability To Identify Careers In Biotechnology, Domain Like Pharmaceutical, Food Industry Etc, And Skills Required To Work In A Biotechnology Laboratory Or Manufacturing Facility.
We Had Organised A Guest Lecture On The Topic Recent Advancements In Biotechnology By Dr.T.Gajendran, Assistant Professor At Anna University, Trichy.
Four Of Our Biotechnology Students Participated In A 10 Days Training Programme In Sridhar Bhat Laboratory(SBL) At Bangalore On The Project Title DNA Technology And PCR.
We Had Organised An Industrial Visit Inorder To Create Anawareness Among The Students About The Recent Research Techniques On Banana To National Research Centre For Banana (NRCB) On 14-aug-2018.