Architecture is an intellectual discipline, both an art and a profession. Architectural design as a comprehensive creative process is the focus of the Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan school of Architecture.
- To stimulate artistic sensitivity and creative powers,
- To strengthen intellectual growth and the capacity to develop creative and responsible solutions to unique and changing problems, and
- To help the student acquire the individual capabilities necessary for the competent practice of architecture and lifelong learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To facilitate a successful professional career.
- To imbibe a strong foundation in Humanities and Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Architectural Design Skills.
- To appreciate the theories and practices in the field of Architecture and design.
- To update themselves abreast of new developments in the field of architecture through lifelong learning.
- To emulate and inspire high ethical values in professional practice
Bachelor of Architecture curriculum is designed to prepare the graduates having aptitude and knowledge
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Ability to gain knowledge of Humanities, Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Architecture.
- Ability to understand elements of Architecture and apply basic principles in Architectural Design.
- Ability to identify social, economical environmental and cultural issues that have bearing on the Architectural Design Process.
- Ability to analyze and apply theoretical knowledge to achieve Architectural Design solutions.
- Ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities.
- Ability to review, comprehend and report technological developments in the profession of architecture and construction.
- Ability to understand real life situation of Architectural Practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in interdisciplinary groups.
On successful completion of the programme,