B. E. Agriculture Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To train and educate students with general knowledge and skills in agricultural water management, agricultural production process, farm machinery and farm management.
- To provide a sound theoretical knowledge in engineering principles applied to agriculture
- To prepare students for a successful agricultural engineering career integrating all aspects of engineering in agriculture.
- To develop innovative capacity of students for increasing agricultural production with scarce water resources available.
- To impart positive and responsive out-reach attitudes, initiative and creative thinking in their mission as engineers.
- To understand ethical issues and responsibility of serving the society and the environment at large.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in agriculture
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data to prepare farm specific report
- Ability to design an irrigation system to meet the desired needs within realistic Constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, and sustainability
- Ability to think creatively, to formulate problem statements, to communicate effectively, to synthesize information, and to evaluate agricultural systems
- Ability to function in interdisciplinary teams within the Institute and also with other organizations at National/ International level while planning the research projects.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Agricultural engineering practice.
- Will develop competencies in computer and automatic control systems, information systems, mechanical systems, natural resource systems to solve engineering problems
- Graduates will be able to express themselves clearly in oral and verbal communication needs.
- Ability to devise a strategy or action plan to utilize the acquired knowledge in increasing water- use efficiency, farm mechanization and Post harvest technology etc.
- Graduates will be capable of self-education in emerging problems and understand the value of lifelong learning in Food Technology, Farm Machinery and Food Processing.
Graduates of Agriculture Engineering will have